Friday, July 01, 2005

Pink

Today, I fell in love with the colour pink. It represented total freedom from everything I detested. People just don't realise how the importance of the pink IC over the dreaded green 11B ( Military Pass). An IC entitles you to a civillian life. A 11B entitles you to nothing much but the green uniform and booking into military camps. And that means alot to some people like me.

Before entering NS, I had thoughts about signing on as a regular. Realised that sometimes you have to undergo certain things before you make an indefinite decision. I hate to be ordered around. I hate to f..ed for nothing. I do not understand why things have to be done without reason for them to be done. I believe in giving others respect and expecting some in return. So NS is not the life for me. NEVER.

Then why medicine? Something that I didn't expect myself to get into. I got in using bare minmum grades but maybe I did pretty impressively for the test and interviews. The interviews were actually quite fun.... coz I wasn't nervous at all and knew exactly what I was gonna say. Plus I was damn tired. (I booked out during 4 days into field camp). And there was an element of luck or what I would consider as divine intervention. But I got through. Thank God!!. Maybe this would be my opportuninty to do what I wanted to do for a long time. Go to countries where there is a need for medical care and to areas struck by disaster. Always wanted to do that. Help people... gives a sense of real satisfaction when others smile.

Anyway mootz called me today to catch up on things. Still having his confinement week. Oh well...haven't seen alot of my friends lately. And there is only one other person from SA going in with me to med. Things have to done.....

Without Wax
Shariff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home