Sunday, July 03, 2005

Living Life

Had a great time with my SISPEC bunk mates just now @ Cineleisure. And bumped into D.C. I think I'm a bit more emphathising with my mates now that I'm out of military world. Tomorrow they still have to book in. One of them has to book in @ 7 am. I wouldn't be even out of bed by 1PM. But we were still able to liven the mood by joking and playing around. And watched War of the Worlds.

The movie had a nice flow until it came to an abrupt climax. True enough that the screenplay was following closely with the actual novel by H.G. Wells but really the climax should have been changed. I'd rather read the novel than pay to watch the movie. But the movie had the typical Steven Spielberg animations and earth- shattering cinematography. But I really do feel that the ending should have been a bit more smooth in motion. However to understand the movie better, I suggest that you may have to read the novel first. Then you wouldn't feel that the ending was that abrupt.

Moving aside from the movie, One of my friends was complaining about how he doesn't like move in life as it is now and how he really wanted to migrate from here and settle somewhere. This really reminded me of wat AT had said a year or so b4 he died. ( that was before cancer got the better of him). "You know you guys are still damn lucky to still be alive. Each day is precious. Do not waste your day by worrying about your problems. Everybody has them; who doesn't. Leave all your worried behind and, instead, fill your life with peace and serenity. Put God or anyone your believe dear close to your heart. Listen to your heart. Enjoy the simple pleasures that you get every day. Happines lies within you!"

I think this struck a cord or two within some of us who were with him when he was still with us. Anyway AT, your words still echo withing me. A friend who there when I was in need and a friend indeed. That is how I'll remember you!

Without Wax
Shariff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home