Saturday, May 20, 2006

Of Chronomics and Haptics

Last week was Professional Developement and Communications week..PDCP in short. Intially I thought it was boring and for nothing..worse still was the exam at the end of it on friday. But I would say it was fun. Really got to know why people do stuff and that really got me interested. I'm going to sit down infront of PS one day and see if people really behave as such. Haha.. Chronemics, Haptics, paralinguistics, iconics, dress...then there's still Cooley, Mead and I. Goffman and of course not forgetting Street and many others. Who are these people? Well they are guys who sat infront of malls and shopping arcades of their times and observed people...And after that, they decided to come up with theories....hmm...what a life..and their names live on in immortality.

Yesterday, after the exam, Sam and Co. decided to go watch the Da Vinci Code. So we to Harbourfront MRT. Shariff told Sam to hurry up or we'll miss the train. But that fell on deaf ears. So as the doors were closing, Sam rushed in ...and he got stuck...between the doors with his bag. Hahahahah!!!!! I should have taken a photo!! Damn was too slow to react. Luckily the doors opened slightly and allowed him to come in. That was a sight you don't get to see everyday. I guess the bunch of girls reacted more than us guys......Girls are more expressive than guys..guys are usually just racaous and raunchy...(was an opinion said during PDCP tutorials).....Sam is okay I guess but does he have NEL-o-phobia now? Hmm........a life changing event usually creates a personality change.. I guess I'll have to look out for that haha!!!

Without Wax
Shariff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home