Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Looking forward

As I sit back listening to snow patrol this very moment, I've realised that it's been days since I've been so relaxed. No worries for now, no figuring out for the next CA or watever. This year began and ended. Just like that. Two years of medical school. It's like I've been through primary, secondary and JC in two years. Not much of a break. Every holiday was spent studying for the next exam. So much sacrifices had to be made. Many would say it would pay in the long run. But time lost is never made up. Whatever goes away never comes back. Oh well! It a week long break before E clinics and the 3rd year and I'm going to enjoy every moment of this weeks!

I really cannot wait for e clinics. It's going to be a big transition. Something different. Something we've never experianced before in its wholeness. Something that is atypical to anyone's experiance in a typical university life. Wearing office wear everyday, going to hospitals, understanding about IC, talking to people from all walks of life. And definitely going all over Singapore, the hospitals I mean. As I enter this phase in my life, I have to stop and think about what I said during my interviews.

Nope, I never said I was going to save the world, nor did I say that I was going to earn top dollars. Whenever I think about this, I remember that i quoted:

"We are here to add what we can to, not to get what we can from, Life. " -The Life of Sir William Osler, by Harvey Cushing

I think that may have impressed the interviewers abit. But then again, it was the one and only thing that I can remember from Sir William Osler's long list of quotes. I guess this is true for many people in many areas!

Without Wax
Shariff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home